03 October 2006

eBooks galore

just last week i have purchased three eBooks from eBay. that was only the second time i have purchased something from eBay, and it feels real good! especially since all three eBooks cost less than P40.00, and the seller was generous enough to throw in 3 more eBooks for free! something i was not totally expecting. as it turns out, the three new eBooks are not something i really need, but hey, it's free! who knows, the time may come when i would need to cook more than 25 kinds of barbeque (one of the free eBooks given to me).


anyway, back to my three purchases. what are they again?


ORIGAMI. i love origami. i remember when i was young, my mom gave me and my sister an origami book for kids. it had very simple instructions, and the figures were mostly of animals (such as the one on the left). but we had lots of fun with that book: there was a diagram of how to make an origami table in the book, and i had a really hard time doing it. eventually after like a year, when my hand-to-eye coordination improved, i did it! kudos to the japanese for coming up with this fantastic art.


Now, the eBook i bought has roughly around 300 diagrams. how's that for origami-ing yourself to death?! hahahahaha! and i intend to accomplish each and every one. yikes, the OC in me strikes again.


The Anarchist Cookbook. thanks to my cousin, who introduced me to this book when we were in high school. back then, you could only buy this in Tower Records, and there were very few stocks left. my cousin was smart enough to buy one, and we learned a lot from this book. just about a month ago, i texted him, asking if i could borrow this book from him. his reply? he lent it to someone and it hasn't been returned. aargh. death to moochers who always rely on others. wait, didn't I want to borrow it as well? hahahahaha!



fortunately for me, i found this on eBay. upon seeing it, i clicked on "Buy It Now!" simple as that. without batting an eyelash. even if this book seriously needs a newer version, this has a very special place in my heart. i remember i made a presentation in college about making homemade bombs. my source? you got that right.






Writing Your First Business Plan. well, i figured, since i'm already working here, i might as well be prepared for what lies ahead. who would have thought I would go corporate? even if it is in the customer service industry (for now, hehehehe), the culture here is a mix of the old and the new.

bottom line, i feel i should start caring about what goes around me at work, and that if i have plans of staying here long (i really do), it's best to be prepared. know everything there is to know. remember what G.I. Joe said? "Knowing is half the battle." Spot on!!!



reading is such fun! brings out the geek in me. but first: turn these eBooks into hard copies! hahahaha!

later.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker