11 December 2006

the return

my dad got home last saturday after several months in the states. but his return was not without its dramas. hey what's new? after all, this is MY DAD we are talking about. hehehehe.

so anyway, he sent me an email a few days prior to his arrival, asking me to pick him up at the airport at 11pm saturday. that was it, that was his entire message. who cares about other pertinent details, such as which airport, flight number, which airline, etc., right? of course, i didn't bother asking him those details anymore. hey, if he didn't bother giving me the information in the first place, why should i impose?

get this: thursday i was up all night on the phone, so i slept at around 3am friday already. but since i had to arise early to take care of some stuff, i ended up having only about 4 hours of sleep. lack of sleep does not a happy man make. then, when i got home friday night (about 7pm), my plan was to catch a few winks first before meeting up with my choirmates for our caroling. however, my nephew really wanted to hear mass with me (given the fact that it was the Immaculate Conception). the mass was at 730pm. hey, if my nephew wants to hear mass, then i should by all means acquiesce, right? so that was what i did: grudgingly, if i may add. i took a quick shower, and off to the church we went. we were very late, but at least my nephew was able to go to Church, which is the important thing. right after mass we had to practice for the caroling. we were terrible during rehearsals, i swear. but that probably deserves another blog entry. so we did that for about half an hour, after which i had to drop my nephew back home, seeing he cant come with when we go a-caroling. i mentioned we were terrible during practice right? well, the same held true when we were actually singing at the house! and this was our first house at that! hopefully this is not foreboding of things to come as far as caroling is concerned. it is for a good cause after all.

it was half past ten when we left the house. i was sooo fucking exhausted already, but i still have a party to go to. driven manila (who has been relentless with their text messages, practically begging me to attend) brought steve lawler here in the philippines, and although i believe i have never really listened to any of his songs, i decided to make an appearance. what i did was to set the alarm to about 1230am so i can have my much-needed rest before heading for pttc (right beside world trade), where the event was held.

i wont go too much into the lawler event, except that it wasn't that much fun. even boring, to some extent. one reason could be the fact that i was already tired, but in any case, the music wasn't that good. i stayed there for only an hour, maybe even less. this only means i have one last event for 2006 to have a fucking great time: benny benassi! more on that later.

so, i got home around 730am saturday morning. while driving on my way home, my boss keeps on texting me, asking me to make an appearance in our company outing/Christmas party in Island Cove. i was like, "I'll try to catch up later this afternoon, right now i need to rest. badly. so i finally i was able to get some sleep, but since the sun was already up when i fell asleep, it only meant one thing: i wouldnt be able to sleep long. true enough, after about 4 hours i was wide awake again. you know how it is: you're so fucking tired and you just want to sleep, but your mind doesn't seem to cooperate, and so you're awake. no matter how much you try to get some more sleep (an additional hour would have been heaven i swear), no matter how many different sleeping positions you've tried, you just couldn't fall asleep again. fuck it, i had no choice but to get up and think of what my plans for the rest of the day will be.

it was then i remembered that i have to fetch my dad from the aiport that evening. so i figured island cove would be out of the question already. besides, if i show up then, it would sort of ruin the whole point of my "vacation". it would be best if everyone sees me only after i've served my sentence, so to speak. so i decided to opt out of island cove and just stay at home.

10 March 2007

note to self: finish a blog as soon as you start it! wow, i cant even remember anymore the exact events which occured during my dad's return. not that it matters, everything at home is back to "normal", so to speak. anyhow, here's to more blogs in the future. cheers!

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker