17 March 2008

the love bug

one of my favorite online pastimes is checking out social networking sites of friends and acquaintances. sometimes i do it anonymously, sometimes i intentionally let them know that i dropped by their site to check out what's been happening with their lives.

tonight was one of my anonymous viewing nights. i realized that one of my friends got married last december! good for them, they have been together for a long time already anyway (as in way back in college, but i think some time ago they broke up, but obviously they got back together). i havent seen them (the bride or the groom) for at least 4 years, so it felt good seeing their pics. brings back a lot of college memories, i'm telling you. in the off chance you're reading this, best wishes to you guys! i hope i get invited to your next celebration as a couple/family! hehehe!

aside from my newly-married friend, i was able to view three or four more profiles. and guess what? all of them are in a relationship! the love bug has bitten them all. all their social networking sites are filled with "couple" pictures. they have their bubus, their sweeties, their babes, their . now what is going on?!?! everywhere i look, it's "Me and Babe with Friends, 12 pictures", "Me and sweetie in Bora, 28 pictures", "Honey and I after movie, 6 pictures". no wonder i havent seen much of one friend these past few months. who knew that everyone's been busy with his/her special someone?!

can i just say, i'm jealous! hahahaha! not the jealous-i-wish-your-relationship-fails type, but rather the jealous-i-wish-i-have-my-own-bubu type. oh well, it's no biggie. it's not as if i'm not used to being single. before my last one, i was single for over two years. but hey, i'm still here. at these times, i'm really grateful that i don't fall into my old, low self-esteem, easily depressed self. i have friends whom i can turn to when i get lonely, i have my family, my dog Kinney, and of course, JC.

i must admit, there are times when i wish i were with someone. we all get that, right? i'm grateful that i have a job which i love. being new in my position, i now focus all my attention in learning as much about my post as i can. i know it will eventually pay off anyway. what i need, though (aside from my work), is a hobby or a sport. i hope i can find someone to whack tennis balls with real soon. even badminton sounds good at this stage. i wish i could find a really good (albeit inexpensive) violin tutor, who can provide me a refresher and challenge me to become really good again. i wish i get more time so i can read all the books that i want, and at the same time play PS2 to my heart's content.

the secret says all of this is possible. even though i've never read the book yet, i believe that everything is possible.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker