25 March 2008

old friends, coffee, conversations

tuesday night (march 18). after watching my cousin in his recital for choral conducting (bravo, kuya chris!), i went straight to greenbelt to catch up with my blockmates. they were having dinner at banana leaf. i never confirmed my attendance in this mini-reunion, so i didn't tell them i was on my way to the resto. however, my "surprise!" factor was defeated when i arrived at the restaurant. they already left! i figured they were still together for coffee or something, but what if they have left? so i had no choice: i texted my friend asking them where they were.

and so i went to coffee bean. there they were! it has been so long, it's not even funny. initially there were seven of us, but two had to leave early due to prior engagements. so there were five of us left. three of which were doctors. the other one has a master's degree from the netherlands and is a professor at my alma mater. and then there's me. working in a multinational company. one of the most recognized companies in the world.

in a position recently "demoted", so to speak. sigh... nope, they didnt demote me, but rather my position as far as job grade is concerned. long story, dont really wanna dwell on it. i'll only end up attracting negative energy, so allow me to go back to my post.

it was so refreshing hanging out with my old friends. we were able to update each other with what's going on with his/her lives. whom we have been sleeping with (hahaha!). our exes, sex lives (or lack thereof). what's going on with other blockmates. reminiscing on the good old days. heaps of fun. most of all, it was very comforting (to say the least) to be hanging out with people with whom you are in synch. same wavelength, great minds think alike, that sort of stuff.

it also gave me a wake up call. it's not too late. i am still destined for greatness. no, i do not have a messianic complex. i just know that if i will it, it will happrn. if you build it, they will come. see? law of attraction!

meanwhile, i have to finish all my deliverables before the month ends. and i also need to prepare for transitioning, since i am due for transfer anytime soon. i am so looking forward to a new environment. not that i dislike the one i am in right now, but hey, i am always up for something new.

later.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker